Co-ordination is a process of monitoring and control of movement adapted to the situation. It is very clear to see the union between body and mind. The training of the capacity of co-ordination requires specific training, but it is also easy to see changes in his practice.
The gestures we understand and are in the spectrum of our physical capabilities. Often, we need lots of time to copy or "master" a gesture, yet we understand it intellectually: this is the manifestation of our internal "noise", our physical and mental tension.
Too much analysis, too much attention or just "trying", are safe ways to waste time on learning a movement. The action, linking the perception and ability, should be sufficient.
To gain access to more precise levels of listening to our body and mind, without going into complex practices, we have an arsenal of very subtle exercises for the co-ordination.
Our school uses co-ordination in training and throughout the practice, this capacity will allow a deeper understanding of oneself and his evolution.
The development of co-ordination requires a precise progression in the exercises and functions of the student, nobody will develop the capacity of co-ordination in the same way, but everyone reaches the same result.
To do this, the training must be precise.
Looking at all the characteristics of co-ordination.
Co-ordination is the capacity to control actions in predictable situations (stereotypes) or unpredictable ones (adaptation).
The predictable situations are grouped into actions related to our activities, our actions every day, our daily physical activities. Stereotypes are also our regular activities for which we have developed a certain level, sports, summer activities ...
Unpredictable situations are our ability to adapt to a new situation, sometimes stressful, and our ability to respond in a holistic way (body and mind) depends on co-ordination. This is where we understand better where our level of real relaxation is. The adaptation will be in learning (courses in Qigong, the art of combat) and will evolve measured by the calming of our minds.
In any case, co-ordination permits the performance of our actions with an economy of movement. Which we will carry out, almost unconsciously, how do more with less effort. co-ordination economising of our body and mind in establishing habitual patterns of adaptive reactions in function with the capacity of our body.
With a good development of co-ordination, we learn faster and deeper. We quickly learn new gestures and we will soon intergrate a way of "mastering". It is possible to remember something, but it takes time to find the place without tension, without effort, without "mental comment." A good level of co-ordination allows us to integrate the new movement almost perfectly, still a little work remains to be done over time.
We can therefore speak of two capacities of co-ordination: one specific and one general.
The specific capacity is linked to practice, to the habits of the body. It is a good way to work the basics of neuromuscular connections. But often, the specific capacity will be limited to a specific area that does very little to overflow on the daily life.
The general capacity is useful for all facets of life. It is one that will feed the adaptability of our body / mind to the stress of life. Stress is the mass of effort that must be done, consciously or not, to adapt to the movements of life, pleasant or not.
The specific capacity of co-ordination is faster to acquire. It can affect the general capacity for co-ordination, but this is rarely the case. When it relates to professional activities that are too far from the daily life (screwing bolts, surgery, stamping cards ...), we see almost no overflow on daily life.
This is especially true that if our profession is not really the result of our own choice and we do not like it. In this case, the qualities that will be developed will often be hidden in his life, "outside of his work."
A balanced practice, and one whose goal is a transformation of self, of course, will specialise in co-ordinating specific exercises that will quickly spread, soft and hidden, on the whole of his life.
co-ordination will allow us to acquire five important qualities
1. Above all a capacity to train, a capacity to learn. It is necessary to develop the co-ordination to be able to learn .... hummm, paradox, no?
2. co-ordination enables an economy of movement, which will enable us to achieve the same gesture with less effort and having removed all the parasitic movements. Thus potentialisation of physical capacity's and not by economy and not by development. This means doing more with less ... very Taoist ...
3. Well developed, the capacity of co-ordination is the ability to change his whole life in progression. In eliminating physical and mental stress, we see subtle changes in the world and we adapt globally, without effort (stress).
4. It is also the ability to understand every gesture and movement, a strong approximation of our perceptions and our physical abilities. The stage of "Xinyi", form and intellect, which allows us to combine what we see and what we do.
5. We have also in co-ordination a test on our relentless deep state: the linking of the body and mind will tell us about our internal state of real relaxation. This is the manifestation of the relaxation in work and the rapide evolution: we learn by a capacity of relaxed and attentive stability.
We can identify three aspects of the capacity of co-ordination:
* Listening to the body,
* Adaptability of the body,
* Learning from the body.
The training includes listening and adaptability, it requires a development of two other aspects together to evolve.
Listening to the body requires a certain mental silence and muscle relaxation, which in turn requires an ability of developed co-ordination. It is really difficult to attack and to relax the mind simultaneously. These are qualities that are difficult to access. However, with co-ordination it is easily worked, if we are in an intelligent practice. Listening to the body consists of four capabilities:
1. Listening to the body is above all the ability to unite the body in action. The united body enables this economy of movement, relaxation and this mental silence. The basic exercises that we are working within the school are working hard for this union of the body.
2. The ability of perception is an important quality, it allows one to measure the efforts based on need. It is the right force for the right movement, learning of the economy in terms of energy expenditure.
3. The capacity for mobility, as its name does not suggests encompasses the stability and mobility. It is related to proprioception (location of the self in space by kinesthetic). It is an expression of our quality of static balance whilst moving. This is the root, on the spot and moving. We work this a lot.
4. Proprioception and the vestibular system will allow the development of the capacity of space management. These are qualities that are too often dormant and covered with little consciousness. We will work very often this the work of us in space and the object in space (weapons, other ...). To know where you are in space with awareness is very important in Taoist teaching.
Learning includes four skills two which unite with the listening of the body. Learning gestures requires regular exposure to the exercises which must be repeated "rather than, one time in a hundred minutes, a hundred times that one minute” to apprehend correctly.
1. We find mobility and space management.
2. The ability of "timing" is not easy to grasp. It demands grasping an external rhythm whilst
imposing another which is internal. In the first case, it is a question of rhythm to be perceived in the action, in each case it must be given to objects outside the rhythm that we own. Uniting the two parts of oneself, in the action of perceiving, is in the capacity of timing.
3. We have the capacity of reaction that allows us to initiate a movement on a given signal (internal or external). This helps us to act quickly according to the perceived stimulus. In a acquisition of gesture or development of co-ordination, we need to grasp quickly and act accordingly.
4. The ability to change permits seeing, during the execution of a gesture, to change it according to the changing needs. In the action, on a different understanding of the action, is the possibility to make a change in gesture. Changing the force, an interesting by-product of co-ordination.
The practice of our school emphasises co-ordination. We know that we are trying to work on the health of the body, the circulation of energy and appeasement of the spirit. These three areas of self development are concepts that are difficult to access, but all three require good co-ordination to thrive. The capacity of co-ordination is something easy to work if you have good exercises and a competent professor, so this is our first choice of work.
This work is the way of relaxation.